SWISH BASKETBALL ACADEMY RULES & REGULATIONS
Throughout SWISH practices, events & competitions during your membership period, the following behavior guidelines will be in place.
- A zero tolerance policy is in effect for all participants for possession or use of alcohol, tobacco, illegal drugs or other controlled substances. Players found partaking of aforementioned substances may be suspended from the academy, banned from future participation for the remainder of a year.
- All players are expected to show up to practice wearing the appropriate basketball gear & shoes. Players may not be allowed to practice with non basketball outfit or shoes in order to avoid risk of injuries.
- All players are expected to attend all SWISH events, games or tournaments that may happen in our practice location or a different location.
- Family members / drivers must be present at the practice/game location 15 minutes before practice ends to pick up the kids.
- All players are expected to work hard and give 100% in order to gain and develop.
- All players are expected to arrive 15 minutes prior to practice & 30 minutes before games/tournaments.
- All players are expected to bring their own reusable water bottle.
- Family members, friends, or any relatives are not allowed to communicate with coaches during practice time. Coaches will be available before or after practice time for any feedback or suggestions.
- All players must respect and listen to the coach, teammates, and other players. The player will be reported to the parents when observing a bad behaviour. If a player was reported more than 3 times, the membership will stop immediately and the player will not be allowed to renew his/her membership for one month and no refund will be given.
Membership Make up classes & Payment
- All Players are expected to submit the full payment in cash / bank transfer before they start their session or on the starting day of practice.
- There will be extra fees that the player must pay along with their membership fees (Late Payment penalty)
- One week late fees (100 SR)
- Two weeks late fees (200 SR)
- Three weeks late fees (300 SR)
- Four weeks late fees (400 SR)
- After four weeks, the player will be suspended from SWISH and must pay the late fees to renew his/her membership.
- There are 8 sessions a month for the under 13 years old group, and 12 sessions a month for the 14+ years old group. The player may get more than 8 or 12 sessions per month depending on which month it is. However, if a player is sick, having exams, can’t make it to practice for some reason, or we cancel practice for one or two sessions, there will be no make ups.
- We will make up sessions in case of a natural occurrence that has caused us to stop our practices for more than one week.
- Once payment is submitted, there will be no refunds.
- Players may pause their membership once and no longer than 2 weeks in their six month membership package.
- Players may pause their membership twice and no longer than 4 weeks in their one year membership package.
- We highly recommend that each player brings a phone to the practice location to communicate with parents/driver in case of any emergency.
- All parents are expected to support their kids on and off the court to help them grow in the game.
- If you practice 2 or 3 times with SWISH, it is not enough time for players to see fast improvements. We do recommend the following:
- Home workouts. (Ask coaches for drills and a schedule plan)
- Play at school or for your school team.
- Play on the weekend with your friends.
- One on one session with our coaches.
- We highly recommend the following for all players:
- Watch NBA, WNBA, NCAA games / highlights on NBAtv or YouTube.
- Watch online drills and try to do it at home.
- Get to know NBA / WNBA / NCAA player’s positions, signature moves and top players.
Swish Basketball Academy Rules & Regulations to be signed digitally.